Monday, March 9, 2009

From the D to the V

People naturally have lots of questions when I tell them I'm on my way to Venezuela. The questioning usually starts with, "what will you do?" and "is it safe?", which are both difficult questions I'll answer in a later post. But here are some basic facts to get you acquainted with my future home. Please let me know if there's questions you have that you'd like me to post. And thanks for bearing with my inner teacher. I LOVE trivia!

A Few Quick Facts About Venezuela:
Location: Northern part of S. America (yellow country on map)



















Flag:














Capital City: Caracas

Language: Spanish

Population of Venezuela: 26 million

Population of Caracas: 4 million (but depends on which areas you include)

Average Temperature in Caracas: 73 degrees Farenheit

President: Hugo Chavez

Venezuelans' Favorite Sport: Baseball

Here are some of my favorite guys born in Venezuela:











Carlos Guillen and Magglio OrdoƱez

















Miguel Cabrera

















Armando Galarraga

2 comments:

  1. What a coincedence - those are some of MY favorite Venezuelans as well!!
    :)
    Can't wait to see how God uses you in the big "C"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth, So great to hear from you and I loved reading your posts on your blog. I do so love the name also "Knee deep in Grace" Just saw an email address "born2serve" wish it were mine.
    Very moving thoughts. May God keep you safe while you serve his people. Look forward to your next blog. Adam went to the Tiger's game
    with Matt J. He loved it! And they were on TV when they panned the crowd! Too cool! God Bless, Love Rose

    ReplyDelete